It’s never a bad idea to put together a vehicle safety checklist, something easy to reference before heading out on long trips. You can tailor it for summer or winter road trips, or whichever driving conditions you expect to endure. Here are a few tips we recommend adding to any safe driving checklist.
- Tires: Check the wear and tear of your tires by examining the tire tread depth. When tire treads are worn it’s difficult for them to keep their grip on the ground, which causes your car to slip and slide in wet weather and lengthens the distance your car needs to brake safely. Another thing to look for when inspecting your tires is the tire pressure. Under or over inflated tires can affect your car’s performance, fuel efficiency, and handling. Make sure your tire pressure is in the factory recommended range. If you don’t have a tire gauge, most gas stations have them available at their air pump stations. And, one more tire tip: Check your spare to make sure it’s in good working order. If you need new tires, then save with this month’s tire special. Coupon below.
- Fluids: Oil, brake, transmission, coolant, power steering, and windshield wiper fluids, they all have to be checked. Fluids keep our vehicles running and when they’re low our vehicles not only underperform, we can easily do irreparable damage to our engine or transmission. If you’re ever unsure how to check for fluids, you can reference your owner’s manual for diagrams and instructions or stop by the dealership and one of our techs will be able to show you.
- Wipers: Winter, spring, summer or fall, rain happens in every season. If your wiper blades streak or skip, then they’re either not installed properly or it’s time for new blades. If you need help putting new wiper blades on your vehicle, just let us know. Oftentimes we offer special rates on new wiper blades along with complimentary installation. Just check out this month’s service specials to see which coupons we have available today.
- Lights: From the headlights to the brake lights to your turn signals and emergency flashers, check all your lights. Check your interior lights and trailer lights too. With proper lighting you’ll be able to see and be seen, which is imperative to safe driving.
- Belts & Hoses: Check the condition of all the belts and hoses and make sure they’re properly fitted. Hot weather dries out the rubber in belts and hoses and that accelerates their degradation. It’s best to check belts and hoses at the start of summer and again at the end.
Summer road trip season is upon us. Make the most of it with just a little prep today.
The Most Beautiful Car in the World
Nothing like an award to confirm what you already know. At the 2018 World Car Awards, the Range Rover Velar claimed the prestigious title of World Car Design of the Year. Praised for its unique combination of design excellence and engineering integrity, the Velar defeated the Volvo XC60 and the Lexus LC 500 for the top prize. As chief design officer Gerry McGovern said, Land Rover’s “design philosophy is driven by a relentless focus on creating highly desirable vehicles our customers will love for life.” With the Velar they’ve done just that and more.
The Most Extreme Performance Jaguar SUV Ever
When Jaguar Land Rover’s Special Vehicle Operations puts out a new model the world pays attention. Because the vehicles that come out of SVO exemplify the very best of Jaguar — high performance mastery, unbeatable luxury craftsmanship, top of the line technology. So when Jaguar unveiled the 2018 Jaguar F-PACE SVR at the 2018 New York International Auto Show it assumed its role of the most extreme performance Jaguar SUV ever with confidence. Supercharged 550HP 5.0L V8. 0 to 60 mph in 4.1s. 176 mph top speed. 8-speed automatic quickshift transmission. It’s the best of a sports car built right into the best of an SUV — fast, luxurious, safe, and fun as heck to drive.
Got tired tires?
Worn down treads or worse yet bald tires are no match for the road. If your tires need replacing, stop by the dealership this month and we’ll take $100 off a set of 4 tires and $50 off a set of two. Our parts department offers name brand tires recommended specifically for Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles and we offer them at competitive prices. Save even more with this month’s coupon.
Good spring cleanings always include a good closet purge, we get rid of what we no longer wear and make space for what’s missing. The Cole European boutique is a great place to replenish. From durable umbrellas to ball caps and visors, to comfortable polos, sweatshirts, and tees, the Cole European boutique offers a range of high quality apparel and accessories to make any closet complete. Save 10% off apparel and branded accessories with this month’s coupon.
Jaguar Land Rover’s VIP program is coming to an end. If you’ve been thinking about replacing your vehicle with one that’s high-performing, top of the line, luxurious, and affordable, then don’t delay. All VIP models are new, unregistered Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles that are available for sale at remarkably low prices thanks to factory incentives, all of which are expiring soon.
Ready for luxury? No time to waste! Hurry in now for the best selection of VIP vehicles.