Winter driving can be scary, especially if you’re headed north where you’re sure to encounter heavy snowfall. It’s important to prepare your car for winter and just as important to know your car. All cars handle differently and it’s a good idea to know how your car will perform in the snow before going all out. Before driving to the mountains, know if you have front, rear, part-time or full-time four-wheel drive; anti-lock brakes; traction control; and stability control. If you’re unsure how to find any of this out, give us a call and we can help.
Other than knowing your car and its capabilities, here are five tips we recommend for everyone driving through wet, winter weather.
- Drive slowly. Snow, sleet, ice, and even rain can create treacherous driving conditions. There’s no shame in going slow, that’s why the best advice for safe winter driving is to take it easy and enjoy the ride.
- Check your tires. If you’re going to be driving in heavy snow for a while, snow tires may be a worthy investment. But if you’re just taking a trip, invest in tire chains, store them in your trunk and you’ll be sure to have them if you need them. And, whatever you plan on doing, check your tire treads and tire pressure. Treadless and improperly inflated tires are no match for slick roads.
- Check your battery. Old batteries can and will leave you stranded, it’s not personal, they just can’t help it. Batteries lose power as the temperature drops and older ones are notorious for just giving up.
- Check your cooling system. Antifreeze keeps your engine from freezing in the winter and prevents rust from forming in your engine. Make sure your car has the proper amount of antifreeze needed to protect it from the cold.
- Check windshield wipers & fluid. When the road conditions get dodgy you can easily go through half a gallon of windshield wiper fluid just to keep the windshield clean. Before heading out on the road make sure your wiper blades aren’t streaking or skipping and your windshield washer reservoir is full.
If you’re due for vehicle service or if you have a snowy trip planned this season, our best tip is to schedule your service appointment today. Our factory trained and certified mechanics will inspect your vehicle and properly prepare it for winter.
The Electric Rangie
The 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport goes on sale later this year and this year’s model includes a plug-in hybrid version. The new electric Rangie has a 31 mile all-electric range that is capable of producing 398 hp with the combined power of the engine and motor. Plus, this electric beauty includes all the sporty, refined, luxurious features you expect in a Land Rover.
Jaguar XE Sets Record
After 30 years since its last official race, Jaguar reopened the Circuit de Charade and promptly set a new record. The 8-kilometer track was closed in the 1980s because of its dangerous reputation, which prompted many touring car teams to protest the course. But it was this track Jaguar chose to reopen, restore, and race its stunning XE 300 Sport Sedan with a record setting finish.
Fall Detail Special
Drip drop, here comes the rain. Protect your car from rainy weather with a professional fall detail. Our team of factory-trained technicians will prepare your vehicles exterior to withstand wet winter weather and professionally clean your vehicle’s interior to bring back that new car feeling. Stop by this month and save $100 on a fall detail with this month’s service special.
Waterproof Seat Covers
Perfect for winter weather and the everyday, waterproof seat covers designed for select Land Rover models are impervious to water, mud, and muddy paws. Made of 100% nylon these form fitting seat covers are easily cleaned and machine washable. Invest in waterproof seat covers and protect your leather and upholstery from Mother Nature and Fido’s paws.
The end of the year is always an incredible time to buy a vehicle. As next model year vehicles arrive, dealers must make room for new inventory. We’re making this incredible time to buy an extraordinary time to buy by adding on extra fall savings to our certified pre-owned Jaguar and Land Rover models.
Don’t miss our Fall into Luxury Sales Event for added savings on popular Jaguar and Land Rover models, all backed by a 5 year/100,000 mile limited warranty. It’s the time of year to purchase an exceptional certified pre-owned vehicle at a fraction of its original price.