Today, let’s explore the benefits of buying a new vehicle vs buying a certified pre-owned vehicle, but before we begin let’s take a dose of reality. More often than not the cars we buy depend on where we are in life and what we’re able to afford. At Cole European, we work with all our customers—whether buying new or buying pre-owned—to help them secure competitive rates so the vehicle they want is always within reach. Now, let’s compare.
Four Benefits of Buying New
1. Freedom. Perhaps the most attractive benefit of buying new is the freedom of choice. Buying new means you can buy whatever you want and customize it however you’d like. Paint color, interior color, safety features, tech features, wheel size and style, engine options, upgrades and appearance packages, you name it. When buying new, you’re in charge.
2. Value. Car buyers often warn of the depreciation values on new models, which is a valid concern and a warning to keep in mind, but when a vehicle is popular and in high-demand, its resale value won’t disappoint.
3. New features. In a new car you always enjoy the latest safety and tech features, which add peace of mind and comfort to any drive.
4. Warranty. New cars are backed by impressive manufacture warranties. In fact, Jaguar offers the best in class warranty. It’s called Jaguar Elitecare and it provides 5-year/60,000-miles of coverage and complimentary scheduled maintenance. Every new Land Rover is backed by a 4-year/50,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty and a 6-year/unlimited-mileage corrosion perforation warranty.
Four Benefits of Buying Certified Pre-Owned
1. Quality. Only the most well-maintained vehicles qualify for our certified pre-owned program. In fact, the vehicles in our certified pre-owned program are so “like new” it’s easy to believe that they actually are.
2. Safety. All the certified pre-owned vehicles on our lot have gone through a rigorous 165-multi-point inspection to guarantee vehicle integrity and passenger safety. Additionally, all vehicles include a vehicle history report, have been thoroughly road tested, and for added peace of mind, they all include 24/7 roadside assistance all year long.
3. Warranty. Not to be outdone by those new cars, certified pre-owned vehicles include their own impressive warranties. All certified pre-owned Jaguar and Land Rover models include a certified pre-owned warranty good for up to 7 years / 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
4. Price point. Buying a certified pre-owned vehicle is one of the easiest and safest ways to get a luxury vehicle for less. Period.
Buying new and buying certified pre-owned are both great options, especially when you are buying from Cole European. Come take a stroll through our inventory, meet with a member of our sales team, then take a few test drives. Once you’ve found the vehicle you want, meet with a member of our finance team and they’ll help you drive home the vehicle you want the most.
Let the games begin!
Cole European is excited to participate in the Land Rover TReK Off-Road Driving Competition for North American Retailers. In this two-day competition, 53 three-person teams from the US and Canada will go head to head in team and group challenges. It’s all part of Land Rover’s much-anticipated launch of the new Defender happening next year. Read on for more info, including where to travel to cheer on the Cole European team.
Park Assist Operation
In this Tech Tip video, learn the ins and outs of the Park Assist Operation. Park Assist sensors, mounted within the bumper and wheel arches, are designed to help making parking easier; however, there are some crucial things to know. Such as how to maintain these sensors, what they can and cannot detect, and the everyday things that may prevent them from working. For more info, check out this month’s Tech Tip.
Secret Gardens, Hidden Gems
Before the winter weather comes and cold weather hits, spend a day exploring the beautiful public gardens around the Bay Area. Take some time to admire the fabulous blooms and lush grounds and learn more about the natural history of our beautiful environment. Here are a few parks and gardens we recommend: Ruth Bancroft Garden & Nursery, UC Botanical Garden at Berkeley, The Gardens at Heather Farm, and the Regional Parks Botanical Garden at Tilden.
Time for tires?
When winter weather hits, it’s important you trust the tires you drive on. Worn down treads can be as dangerous on a wet road as driving on bald tires. The average tire, driven the average amount of miles, typically lasts between three to four years. So, if it’s time for new tires, or might be time soon, take advantage of our fall tire special and save $100 on a set of four tires or $50 on a set of two.
Safeguard Your Bumper
Protect your investment with waterproof seat covers. Throw them on, on rainy days, after trips to the beach, or keep them on all-year round. Designed specifically for Land Rover models, these seat covers are easy to install and machine washable so they’re easy to clean. They’re also an inexpensive way to protect your leather seats and upholstery from wear and tear. Contact Cole European and we’ll help you locate the seat covers designed for your Land Rover.
It protects you, so why not protect it? Just because it’s called a “bumper” doesn’t mean it should look like one. Protect your bumper from scuffs and scratches with a Jaguar Land Rover bumper protector. Available on most new models, bumper protectors easily extend from your vehicle’s loadspace to protect the rear bumper from getting damaged while loading or unloading items. Plus, if you lean against your bumper while loading or unloading, the bumper protector will also protect your clothes from getting dirty.
To find out if a bumper protector is available for your model Jaguar Land Rover, or to place an order, give us a call or stop by the showroom, today.
A rare opportunity… every once in a while… from time to time… however you want to describe it, these vehicles don’t come around often and they don’t stay long. They’re our Jaguar and Land Rover Service Loaners, and they’re like brand-new cars but they’re available for purchase at preowned car prices.
They say, “Timing is everything” and right now, they’re right! We’re wrapping up a big year at Cole European and hope to go out with a bang by extending special year-end pricing on all in-stock 2019 Jaguar Land Rover vehicles. Hurry in before December 31st for exclusive year-end pricing on all remaining 2019 models.
All new Jaguars include Jaguar EliteCare — best-in-class 5-year/60,000-mile coverage that includes complimentary scheduled maintenance and roadside assistance. And, all new Land Rover vehicles include Land Rover’s New Vehicle 4-year/50,000-mile limited warranty, plus a 6-year/unlimited-mileage corrosion perforation warranty, and various emissions warranties.
Timing is everything and now’s the time to buy! Hurry in soon for best selection.