Categories of personal information we collect from you
Identifiers, such as: name, postal address, email address, identification numbers (e.g., social security number, driver’s license number, state identification number, military identification number or passport number)
Other personal information described in Civil Code Section 1798.80(e), such as: phone number; insurance information; bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information; and/or your signature.
Physical description and characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as: a photocopy/scan of government issued identification that reveals personal information, for example:
- Driver’s license/state identification card – includes your image, date of birth, physical description and gender
- Permanent resident card – includes your image, date and place of birth;
- Social security card – includes your social security number
- Passport – includes your image, date and place of birth and your nationality
- Military ID – includes your image and rank Completion of a Translated Contract Acknowledgement or signing of translated documents reveals your primary language
Commercial information from selling/providing products or services to you, such as: information, including vehicle information and ownership information, regarding a transaction in which we sell or lease a vehicle to you and/or buy a vehicle from you, or provide parts, service repairs to, or maintenance or inspection of your vehicle
Biometric information, such as: completion of a “Thumbprint form,” if you will be financing or leasing a vehicle from us.
Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as: IP address, browsing history, and search history
Sensory data, such as: audio information from voicemail messages and/or recorded phone calls (with your consent)
Professional or employment related information, such as: information regarding past or current occupation, and certifications
Education information, such as: information regarding degrees earned or whether you are or will soon be a college graduate
Credit information, including employment information, if you apply to finance or lease a vehicle, or make full payment by check. If applicable, you will be provided with a copy of our Privacy Notice.
The business or commercial purposes for which the categories of personal information will be used:
- To send you informational and marketing communications, respond to your requests and inquiries, and communicate with you regarding our products or services
- Enter into transactions with you, obtain authorization to collect payment from you, collect payment from you, confirm acknowledgement of receipt of documents we provide to you, process your transaction(s), process warranty, insurance or service contract claims; provide product recall information, provide you with copies of certain documents written in the language in which your transaction was primarily negotiated as required by law, and retain records of transactions as required by law
- Complete government forms
- To confirm your identity, confirm you are at least 18 years old, confirm you are licensed to drive our vehicles or take delivery of a vehicle you have purchased or leased from us, and confirm your insurance coverage
- Confirm eligibility for a manufacturer/lender rebate and to apply for and process any applicable rebate, and confirm eligibility for employee price discounts, if applicable
- Appraise your current vehicle
- Some phone calls are recorded (with your consent) for training our staff and for compliance/quality assurance purposes